Sunday, October 23, 2011

Spiritual Sunday.

Church today was one of those, "Yeah, I definitely needed that" kind of days. 
The day didn't particularly start off the way that I would have wanted it. For some reason, my head was planning on thinking around one million miles an hour, while my body just wanted to rest. Not the typical good morning that I would have liked, which was definitely a change. Having slept over ten hours, this all just didn't make sense, since I usually can "sleep on things" pretty well. I drug myself out of bed, into the shower, got ready, and went off to church. Still though, not feeling 100%, which is a bummer way to enter the Sabbath day. Today though, I had brought not only my scriptures, but also my less-touched journal and a book by Sister Elaine S. Dalton called "A Return to Virture". I have real liking for Sister Dalton, and her book really stuck out to me when I bought it a few weeks ago. My head was not letting me focus, which was not only exhausting, but incredibly frustrating. I took out my Dalton book, and just began to read. I found myself smiling without realizing it, which, with the way this day was going, was splendid. I pulled out my journal and began to make a small checklist of things that I want in a future spouse, which was to my surprise more fun than I had expected. It was like creating my own Prince Charming, and myself knowing that I couldn't get all of these things, it is a nice base to have. Our bishop then taught our Sunday School lesson, which seemed to be one of those "Hey, this applies to you" moments. He talked about making the gospel a priority in our lives, now. And making things happen in our lives, now. Not tomorrow, not next week, but today, at this moment. He told a story about wanting to start a diet tomorrow, and followed by telling us not to let our lives be another "diet" story by saying "Oh, I will do that tomorrow", but to make things happen TODAY. "Not yet", usually means "never". 
Yes, I have goals and aspirations.
I intend to reach them, too.
But, I guess you could say that this was a little kick in the butt. Those times where I think that I'm "bored", I could really be pushing myself to better myself in one way or another. Towards another goal.
It was a wonderful, necessary Sunday at church today. I've got my smile on, a skip in my step, and I have a little bit more kick now. It starts today. Don't start your diet, tomorrow.