Saturday, April 2, 2011

Thoughts of a nineteen year old college freshman.. Wow.

Well, I for one never thought I would have so much running through my head at once-- YIKES!

I can thank General Conference today for lifting my spirits though. I love listening to our Prophets speak. Somehow, there is always an answer in there that I need to hear, even if it's just to reassure myself. Thank goodness, my mind was a mess, and I am in more of a relaxed state now. But, still pondering.

Do you ever feel the need to just.. break out of the box? Be free, adventure, do something crazy, but still sane. Something that you'll remember forever, and something that not a lot of people do? I have something in mind, but for now, it's my little secret. I am trying to figure out some details of it all.. or if it is even a possibility. It's stressing me out right now. Hint: it does have to do with schooling and my major. It would be a lot of stress and craziness, but so worth it. I have a bit to figure it out.. but as fast as everything else has been flying-- it will be here before I know it.

Speaking of things that will be here before I know it.. HELLO one month left until finals, which simply put means... one year of college DOWN!
Weird. So weird to think about. My freshman year has flooooown by. Then a lovely summer filled with working with some of the most fantastic people I have ever had the pleasure of being around, and then fall semester of my sophomore year. Crazy? To me, absolutely. I am too excited for summer and working. 

And, Josh comes back next year. Yes, that may seem far.. but to already be almost 14 months into his mission.. it is coming up quickly. He'll come back to our lovely hometown of Salt Lake, and I will be in Logan. This is where I am praying he comes home close to a break, or at least a weekend. Missing school most likely won't be the option that I am going for (while, honestly, I would choose to see him over school.. the whole "paying for your education" thing isn't exactly gonna fly). For some reason, all of a sudden, I feel like there is so much I want/have to do before he gets back. He got to go to Russia for two years. I mean, yeah, college is definitely an accomplishment, but I feel like I want to at least learn something while he is gone. I want to be able to show some talent. He gets a brand new language, and is experiencing a totally different atmosphere. I want to be able to at least tell something cool. Is that so bad? :)

Blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda.. I know, it's terrible. This is what a Saturday of thinking and reading will do to me, I guess. I just have this want to do something with myself. Something.. different. Wish me well on my endeavors. And if you have any ideas as to what I can do, shoot them at me. Involvement is dier here. TTFN!

P.S., I finished my book. YAY! :) It's magnificent. If you want a good read, I would highly suggest Zeitoun by Dave Eggers. Fill those noggins with literature. Coming from me, that's saying a bit :)