Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The end, and the beginning :)

Yadda yadda yadda.. SCHOOL is out for SUMMER! Woo hoo!
This semester was a beast, and I majorly slacked.. oopsie.
It's time to get the ball rollin' with summer and the promise to myself that I will do better come this next fall semester.

These past few weeks have been a doozy! Busy, but super fun. Let's see..
The Friday of finals week I had my last final as a freshman, woo! It just had to be history.. super stressful, but thank GOODNESS it is over with. The rest of this Friday was spent cleaning, and actually had a good amount of adventuring within it as well. Nikki and I spent the night cleaning, doing drink runs to Sonic, gathering needed items at good ol' Wallyworld, and visiting our loving Oakridge-ians who hadn't left yet. It was a bit sad to see it all go, that place had some good memories! But, we had a fun night. It was a never-ending night of fun, filled with guitar playing/singing, good chats, trying to decipher Andy and Matt speaking Spanish, and some much needed sleep.
Saturday (after an almost restless night it seemed like..), I got to go to my first USU soccer game. Brandon and Jordan did awesome! We were a tid bit late, but we did get to see them play. Way to be, guys! I FINALLY cleaned the rest of our little apartment, and then retreated to help some friends clean and pack up theirs. It was a service-full day! Followed happily by a lunch trip to Mandarin Garden :) a magnificent way to spend the day :)
Sunday was a lovely day spent celebrating my amazing mother! She sure is wonderful and I cannot thank her enough for all that she does for me. I know I am a bit stubborn sometimes (alright, sometimes more than a bit..) but, thank you mom! :) After a lovely lunch, the departure to MOAB started! YAY YAY YAY! I couldn't have been more excited, aside from the four-hour drive that I had to do by myself. I guess the nice police officer who pulled me over made it a little bit more interesting, thank you, sir. But, since I was a "good daughter for spending Mother's day with my mom", I was let off with a nice smile and a "you can speed once you get past the town areas". Splendid advice.
The Moab trip.. absolutely beautiful. Moab is a wonderful, great, warm place. :) A couple of glorious days of hiking in Arches National Park, even with the wind, rain, hail, sun.. yadda yadda yadda trying to stop us, we had a GREAT TIME! Here are some lovely pictures of the trip:


I honestly couldn't have asked for a better trip to end the school year. And the group of people that went along, sheerly amazing. I love you all! Man, I love my A-Teamers (and of course, the ones who tagged along who aren't on A-Team!). Aside from the hiking, we did lots of hot tubbing (to soothe our sore muscles), eating at local restaurants (Eddie McStiff's..priceless), witnessing Moab trying to kill Charley, and laughing our heads off constantly. It was a great trip!


Now, being about a week later, I am missing that trip like crazy! But, we are officially moved into our summer house, the A-Team house, as we all call it. Twelve people, under one roof. Only ten or so will be here for a good amount of the time, so it won't be too crowded ;). Steph and I highly enjoy having to only share the downstairs with two other lovely ladies, aside from the guys upstairs who have a little bit more of a task. BUT, the house is really coming along! We still have so much to do before our big dance party Saturday, but it will all fall into place. We are all highly addicted to the Kinect that the guys set up in the living room upstairs with the projector. Thou shalt play Dance Central upon entering the house. Yep. Embarrassing as it is, it is one of the house commandments (or so we say..). This summer is starting to hit it off just right. 

Ah, I am incredibly blessed. Truly, this week especially, has been a roller coaster of events, and it has truly helped me acknowledge those amazing people in my life. So to all of you, thank you for blessing my life with your incredible selves. :) 

Summer 2011 week one: accomplished. I can't wait to see what else this summer has in store :) 

And now, bedtime. I am supposed to go running in less than five hours..yikes! 

P.S., Elder Huston only has about eight more months out! Rockin'! :) I love this feeling.